Want to find out more about becoming an ASHHRA member and all the benefits it includes? Check out the "Whats going on at ASHHRA" power point.
ASHHRA Member Benefits:
- ASHHRA Alert- Updates on federal laws and regulations affecting healthcare human resources.
- ASHHRA HR e-xtra- Weekly e-newsletter providing news, events information regarding human resources.
- The HR Pulse- a quarterly journal covering cutting-edge issues in health care human resources. The HR Pulse also brings members up to date on ASHHRA activities and projects, including educational offerings, member achievements and chapter news.
- ASHHRA's Web Site- Join us for all of the latest ASHHRA news and the opportunities.
- ASHHRA Annual Meeting and Educational Conference- The premier professional development event of the year features dozens of timely workshops, ASHHRA resources, special interest meetings and a formal exhibition by leading suppliers. Best of all, there are many opportunities to network with hundreds of your colleagues.
- Audio Web Seminars- Our audio web seminars provide the latest information on a variety of human resources issues.
- AHA Affiliation
- Access to the MembersOnly section of the AHA Web Site at www.aha.org.
- Access to the world's largest collection of hospital literature through the AHA Resource Center.
- Member discounts on more than 300 publications and AV resources, available through the AHA Member Resources, Publications and Products Catalog.
- The opportunity to partner with other personal membership societies of AHA on a variety of projects and issues of mutual interest to the groups.
Recognition and Awards
ASHHRA members are eligible for industry-wide recognition of individual accomplishments through ASHHRA's Award Program.
- More than 60 state, regional and metropolitan professional organizations are affiliated with ASHHRA. Virtually all ASHHRA officers and board members first gained national visibility by rising through their chapter leadership ranks. Benefits include:
Benefits of ASHHRA Membership
Society Involvement - ASHHRA offers many opportunities for leadership involvement, including:
- A 12-member board of Directors, including representatives from each of the AHA's nine regions, plus the president, president-elect and immediate past president.
Joint membership in ASHHRA and SHRM
One benefit that we are very pleased to offer is the opportunity to become a joint member of ASHHRA and the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). Joint membership in ASHHRA and SHRM provides the most complete package of benefits and services available to the human resources professional in healthcare. Just a few of these benefits are described below. In addition to these benefits, joint members in ASHHRA and SHRM enjoy a $15.00 discount on the cost of the two annual memberships.